Instructions about rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Jelly Bean 4.1.1
Follow these instructions. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below!
Note: This tutorial modifies your device and may potentially brick the tab. Proceed at your own risk.
Note: You must have Samsung Kies/Drivers for the Tab Installed (click here for Samsung Kies) and the device shoud be in USB Debugging Mode ( Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging-checked)
- Unzip the attached Odin3-vX.X.zip file (click here to download)
- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-….zip file (click here to download for GT P3100) (For GT-P3110 & GT-P3113 Click here )
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you’ve extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file – don’t extract that one
- Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe (Start as System Administrator)
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Power to boot – if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for device to boot
NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin “Auto Reboot” is not checked. Then after flashing, hold VolUp+Power (for several seconds) to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.