Instructions about rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android ICS v4.0.4
Note: This tutorial modifies your device and may potentially brick the tab. Proceed at your own risk.
Note: You must have Samsung Kies/Drivers for the Tab Installed (click here for Samsung Kies)
1. Download Clock Work Mod recovery from here
2. Download cwm-root-gtab2.zip to root your device from attachment and copy the downloaded file to external sdcard. (Click Here)
3. Download Fix-Recovery to erase install-recovery.sh from attachment and copy the downloaded file to external sdcard. (Click Here)
4. Check USB Debugging mode in the Developers Options in the tab settings. Then turn your device off .
5. Boot into Download-Mode (Power+Vol Down) and then confirm by pressing Vol-Up to continue.
6. Start Odin. (I used Odin v3.07) (Click here to download)
7. Choose “GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar” as PDA which you already downloaded from here.
8. Connect your Tab to your pc. It will install the drivers. Make sure you have Samsung Kies installed.
9. Untick Reset Time and Auto Reboot on the Odin screen. ( See picture below)
(Click on the image to Open in new window)
10. Now press the Start button. Wait for the installation. When it shows PASS, remove the usb cable and hold Vol Up + Power, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 screen shall appear release power button but keep Vol-Up. (If the samsung screen doesn’t appear, switch off the tab by keeping the Power button pressed for long, and then boot the tab by pressing Power + Vol-Up pressed together).
11. When the tab enters into CWM recovery, install fix-recovery.zip first and then cwm-root-gtab2.zip.
12. Now reboot your tab from the options.
It should be rooted now.
Watch the detailed video here